North Charleston SC
Centura College first began training individuals for new careers in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969, and over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. In 1995, our parent company, Employment Services, Inc., opened its first campus in South Carolina under the name Beta Tech. The school was located in Charleston, and it initially taught health care and skilled trades programs. In 2000, the school was relocated to a larger facility on Rivers Avenue in North Charleston, and its name was changed to Centura College in 2008. In 2012, a new building was built on Rivers Avenue to further expand the school.
At Centura, we are always striving to make your educational experience more fulfilling. Our Flex Learning model is designed to combine the best of on-campus classes with online learning giving you the flexibility to choose a learning strategy that fits your lifestyle.
- Shared classroom and labs in hands-on setting.
- Traditional face-to-face learning model.
- Structured space and time for learning and instruction.
- All instruction and learning is done online, regardless of where you live.
- Self-pacing coursework and personalization.
- Develop rich interactive communication skills.
- Build interactive skills along with the support and structure many students need.
- Reduce commuting time and expense while still having access to on-campus resources.
- Receive face-to-face motivation while developing personal responsibility.
Centura College’s North Charleston campus offers training for careers in health care.
Medical Assistant Certificate:
This focused certificate program provides theoretical knowledge and laboratory scenarios of the necessary medical skills, as well as an introduction to basic front office procedures. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as a year. Flex Learning available.
Medical Billing & Coding Specialist Certificate:
This certificate program focuses training on billing and coding of medical records preparing students to become part of a medical interdisciplinary team. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in eight months. Flex Learning available.
Accreditations, Approvals and Memberships:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- US Department of Education
- Licensed by the South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
- South Carolina State Approving Agency for Veterans and Eligible Dependents Training
- Approved training provider for Charleston County Grants Administration
- National Association for Health Professionals Member