Centura College first began offering career placement services in 1969, and in 1983 opened its first school, Electronic Institute of Technology in Norfolk, Virginia. Over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. In 1995, our parent company, Employment Services, Inc., opened its first school in South Carolina with Beta Tech in Charleston. In 2002, a second Beta Tech campus was opened on Two Notch Road in Columbia. In 2008, the school’s name was changed to Centura College.
CDL Class A Truck Driving Certification
Class A licensed truck drivers play an important role in the heavy truck transportation industry. Students in the CDL Class A Truck Driving program will obtain the knowledge that will prepare them for entry into the work force, and to work with firms in the transportation and delivery of goods.
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Title IV programs
- American Medical Technologists
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Licensed by the South Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles as a valid driver training school
- Midlands Workforce Development Board – Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- Military Tuition Assistance
- National Association for Health Professionals
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- National Healthcare Association
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training