Virginia Beach, VA
Application Fee waived for all Veterans APPLY TODAY!
Centura College first began training individuals for new careers in Norfolk, Virginia, in 1969, and over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. The school began independent operations in 1982 on Euclid Road as The Electronic Institute of Technology. It relocated to a larger facility on Lynnhaven Parkway in 1986 and continued to expand its training options. By 1989, the campuses in Hampton Roads offered such a variety of training that the school’s name was changed to Tidewater Tech. In 1991, the campus moved again to a larger building at the corner of Lynnhaven Parkway and Dean Drive, where it is located today. In 2008, the school’s name was changed to Centura College.
At Centura, we are always striving to make your educational experience more fulfilling. Flex Learning, available at the Virginia Beach campus, is designed to combine the best of on-campus classes with online learning giving you the flexibility to choose a learning strategy that fits your lifestyle.
- Shared classroom and labs in hands-on setting.
- Traditional face-to-face learning model.
- Structured space and time for learning and instruction.
- All instruction and learning is done online, regardless of where you live.
- Self-pacing coursework and personalization.
- Develop rich interactive communication skills.
- Build interactive skills along with the support and structure many students need.
- Reduce commuting time and expense while still having access to on-campus resources.
- Receive face-to-face motivation while developing personal responsibility.
Centura College’s Virginia Beach campus offers training for careers in health care, business and computers.
Bachelor of Science in Business:
If you already have an associate degree from most business or professional degree programs, you can obtain your bachelor of science degree in business in as little as 15 months with Centura’s Baccalaureate Completion Degree. You can choose from four areas of concentration:
- Concentration in Management
- Concentration in Allied Health Management
- Concentration in Hospitality
- Concentration in Accounting
- Concentration in Human Resources
- Concentration in Marketing
Day and night classes are offered. Flex Learning available.
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Medical Assisting:
The medical assisting AOS degree offers you two concentrations to choose from: clinical support or management. Regardless which concentration you choose, you will gain the skills needed to meet the demands of the current and emerging health care system. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in 15 months. Flex Learning available.
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy:
The massage therapy AOS program is designed to provide the basic physical and technical skills necessary to be a massage therapist. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as 15 months.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Business:
This associate of applied science degree in business offers three concentrations: management, accounting administration and web development. Each is designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge to compete in today's business marketplace. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in 15 months. Flex Learning available.
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Information Technology Specialist:
This degree is designed to help you gain the skills and knowledge to increase your workplace competence and advantage in administering computer networks. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in 15 months. Flex Learning available.
Accreditations, Approvals and Memberships:
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- US Department of Education
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services
- Workforce Investment Act
- National Association for Health Professionals
- American Massage Therapy Association