Centura College first began offering career placement services in 1969, and in 1983 opened its first school, Electronic Institute of Technology in Norfolk, Virginia. Over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. In 1991, Tidewater Tech opened its fourth location in Hampton Roads just off Greenbrier Parkway in Chesapeake. In 2008, the school's name was changed to Centura College.
Health Information Technology Diploma
The health information technology diploma program will prepare you to work in health care institutions reviewing and analyzing health data and transcribing diagnostic and procedural terms and services into a coded form for analysis and billing. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as nine months.
Massage Therapy Diploma Program
The massage therapy diploma program is designed to provide the basic physical and technical skills necessary to be a massage therapist. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as 8 months.
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Title IV programs
- American Massage Therapy Association
- American Medical Technologists
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Military Tuition Assistance
- National Association for Health Professionals
- National Healthcare Association
- Opportunity Inc. – Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Vocational Rehabilitation