Centura College first began offering career placement services in 1969, and in 1983 opened its first school, Electronic Institute of Technology in Norfolk, Virginia. Over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. The school began independent operations in 1982 on Euclid Road as The Electronic Institute of Technology. It relocated to a larger facility on Lynnhaven Parkway in 1986 and continued to expand its training options. By 1989, the campuses in Hampton Roads offered such a variety of training that the school's name was changed to Tidewater Tech. In 1991, the campus moved again to a larger building at the corner of Lynnhaven Parkway and Dean Drive, where it is located today. In 2008, the school's name was changed to Centura College.
Medical Assistant Diploma
This focused certificate program provides theoretical knowledge and laboratory scenarios of the necessary medical skills, as well as an introduction to basic front office procedures. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as a year.
The goal of the Centura College Phlebotomy Technician program is to prepare students to become Nationally Certified Phlebotomists with the skills required to perform various collection techniques, avoid pre‐analytical processing errors and ensure specimen integrity and patient safety. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in only 10 weeks.
Massage Therapy Diploma Program
The massage therapy diploma program is designed to provide the basic physical and technical skills necessary to be a massage therapist. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as 8 months.
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Title IV programs
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Military Tuition Assistance
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Opportunity Inc. – Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- National Association for Health Professionals
- National Healthcare Association
- American Massage Therapy Association
- American Medical Technologists
- Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Virginia Board of Nursing