Centura College first began offering career placement services in 1969, and in 1983 opened its first school, Electronic Institute of Technology in Norfolk, Virginia. Over the years, it continued to expand its training options and campus locations. The school began independent operations in 1982 on Euclid Road as The Electronic Institute of Technology. It relocated to a larger facility on Lynnhaven Parkway in 1986 and continued to expand its training options. By 1989, the campuses in Hampton Roads offered such a variety of training that the school's name was changed to Tidewater Tech. In 1991, the campus moved again to a larger building at the corner of Lynnhaven Parkway and Dean Drive, where it is located today. In 2008, the school's name was changed to Centura College.
Health Information Technology Diploma
The health information technology diploma program will prepare you to work in health care institutions reviewing and analyzing health data and transcribing diagnostic and procedural terms and services into a coded form for analysis and billing. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in as little as nine months.
The goal of the Centura College Phlebotomy Technician program is to prepare students to become Nationally Certified Phlebotomists with the skills required to perform various collection techniques, avoid pre‐analytical processing errors and ensure specimen integrity and patient safety. Both day and night classes are offered, and full-time students can graduate in only 10 weeks.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management provides a graduate with the education and practical skills needed for an important position in today's busy aviation profession. This 15-month program also prepares students to become entry-level professionals in the specific field, and prepares the student with significant business skills, management techniques, and administrative practices associated with the contemporary aviation business and technical environment.
- Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
- Certified by the U.S. Department of Education to participate in Federal Title IV programs
- State Approving Agency for Veterans Education and Training
- Department of Veterans Affairs Yellow Ribbon Program
- Military Tuition Assistance
- Vocational Rehabilitation
- Opportunity Inc. – Workforce Investment Opportunity Act (WIOA)
- National Association for Health Professionals
- National Healthcare Association
- American Massage Therapy Association
- American Medical Technologists
- Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- Virginia Board of Nursing