Massage Therapy training will provide you with the physical, technical and academic skills to begin a career in the expanding field of massage therapy. You will receive extensive training in massage and bodywork assessment, theory and application enabling you to perform a wide range of massage techniques in relaxation, pain management and injury recovery. When you complete the program, you will be prepared to take the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) exam or the National Examination for State Licensing (NESL). Then, you may choose to become a private practitioner opening your own massage therapy business, work in a salon or spa, or even travel the globe working in resorts or on a cruise ship. If you prefer clinical applications, work with a chiropractor or in a health club.
At Centura, we are always striving to make your educational experience more fulfilling. Flex Learning, available for the degree program listed on this page, is designed to combine the best of on-campus classes with online learning giving you the flexibility of choose a learning strategy that fits your lifestyle.
- Shared classroom and labs in hands-on setting.
- Traditional face-to-face learning model.
- Structured space and time for learning and instruction.
- All instruction and learning is done online, regardless of where you live.
- Self-pacing coursework and personalization.
- Develop rich interactive communication skills.
- Build interactive skills along with the support and structure many students need.
- Reduce commuting time and expense while still having access to on-campus resources.
- Receive face-to-face motivation while developing personal responsibility.
Centura offers two Massage Therapy training options.
Associate of Occupational Science Degree in Massage Therapy - Flex Training Available
- Centura College, Chesapeake, VA
- Centura College, Newport News, VA
- Centura College, Virginia Beach, VA
Massage Therapy Diploma - Flex Training Not Available
- Massage Therapist, Licensed Massage Therapist, Certified Massage Therapist (CMT), Licensed Massage Practitioner (LMP), Registered Massage Therapist, Bodywork Therapist, Clinical Massage Therapist, Hospice Massage Therapist, Integrated Deep Tissue Massage Therapist, Medical Massage Therapist